286days ago0 Replies
 349days ago7 Replies

On Twitch

No Broadcasters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kreljnok
In-Game Rank 2

re: Fatty and Krelhead Do America!

Hey guys! Just got home tonight from my work/visiting trip. I left last Saturday (8/22) and everything lasted a week. I spent a day and a half working and the rest driving and meeting four of our guildies, including Soul, Neeber, Vortex and Stubbyknuckle! Pictures were taken :O

Also, a special thanks to my Old Man for being willing to cross half the country to meet up with you guys. If it weren't for him and his company name, I wouldn't of had this opportunity.

So, let's start!

-------

Here is the route that we took. We left Houston on Saturday (8/22) and arrived in Kansas City, Kansas that night. Ate at Joe's Kansas City Barbecue (original location).

On Sunday, we were planning on meeting up with Pippy and Racele, but unfortunately some real life things came up and they couldn't make it. Ate at Jack Stack's Barbecue. Left that day and arrived in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Monday and half of Tuesday were our work days. After work, we starting heading towards Milwaukee, but stopped off at the Wisconsin Dells.

Wednesday we spent the morning and early parts of the afternoon at the Wisconsin Dells since we had to kill some time while Soul was at work. Drove to the Milwaukee area and had a burger with Soul.

Thursday we left Milwaukee and headed to Chicago. We were hoping to catch up with Shadow, but he had an over-the-phone install that had its time extended. Ate at Portillo's. Afterwards, headed to Indianapolis where we met up with Neeber and had a burger and some beers.

Friday we left Indianapolis and headed to Lexington, Kentucky. Here we met up with Stubbyknuckle and the ever legendary Vortex. Mowed down a Chinese buffet, had some beer and shot the bull. Started the journey home and spent the night near Nashville, Tennessee.

Saturday (8/29) we continue home, but make sure to stop off in Memphis, Tennessee to have some barbecue at Central Barbecue. Continue down the road and finally make it back home.

Forum Image

These pics are from Joe's Kansas City BBQ. A full rack of beef ribs and pulled pork. The sides are BBQ beans and coleslaw. The line was waaaaaay out the door and it took 1 hour and 8 minutes before I finally sat down with food. Worth it.

I recommend this place over Jack Stack.

The ribs were excellent, definitely a must have if you find yourself in KC. The pulled pork was also very good, but we didn't really justify the price for the quantity. The beans were awesome. They were cooked in the normal BBQ style, but they also added pieces of meat (beef?) to it that gave it great flavor. The coleslaw was bland.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

These are from Jack Stack BBQ also in KC. The meats are beef prime ribs, beef baby back ribs and burnt ends. The sides were cheese corn and BBQ beans. This place is pretty pricey and neither me or the old man justified the price for what we got.

My prime ribs were pretty good. Not too fatty, but my dad had the opposite luck and got tons of fat on his. The baby back ribs were decent. The burnt ends were good too, but were a little bit different that what I was expecting.

The corn sucked imo, but the beans were pretty good, but their take on them lacked meat. I think a small amount of sugar was added.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Here's a random pic from work. The dingleberries shipped this thing with almost no packaging lol. Had to do a little work on this and a couple of things to get them back to normal forms/fits.

Forum Image

First up and who better than Soul! We met at The Brewhaus in Delafield, Wisconsin. Delafield is to the west of Milwaukee and is probably considered part of the Greater Milwaukee Area.

The burgers here were pretty good, but the beer sucked. Get it together random cheeseheads.

As you can also tell, Soul gets dressed in the dark. Don't fart too much in those shorts, Soul.

Forum Image

Forum Image

A pic from Portillo's in Chicago. These people set the standard in the hot dog world. Everything you ever knew and were told about hot dogs growing up WAS A BIG, FAT LIE.

Forum Image

While there, we got my mom a gift. She loves Ghirardelli chocolate so why not get her 5 lbs?

Forum Image

So next up was Neeber in Indianapolis. Expecting a shrimp, we were surprised to find a 5' 11" Neeber with not 3, but 5 fingers on each hand. Apparently he's not a gnome IRL and a picture was taken with a tape measure as proof. If you can't read the numbers, I recommend continued belief in the conspiracy.

Had a burger with him at Boogie Burger on Broad Ripple street. Pretty good and mine was real spicy. Had some beers afterwards at a random bar down the same road. Neeber had something with an orange in it, forgot what my dad had and I had this Samuel Adams Summer Thingy that was pretty good.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Last on the list were our two buddies from Lexington, Kentucky. I didn't know what to guess Stubby looked like, so I built up the hype for Vortex. Expecting him to be sporting a Superman wifebeater, and classy Kentucky Waterfall (mullet for you uncultured swine) and to have been weighing in at a mighty 400 lbs, I was shocked to find out that Vortex is a pretty normal looking nerd.

Our team of 4 raided the #1 China Buffet (actual name) on the south side of Lexington. They had some pretty good Beijing Chicken and the Old Man and Vortex knocked out a couple beers.

Stubby is a real nice guy and Vortex is about 4 times funnier in person :P

Vortex middle, Stubby right.

Forum Image

Forum Image

On the way home, we stopped off in Memphis Tennessee to try their version of BBQ at Central Barbecue. For those that don't know, Memphis part of the BBQ Big Four (Texas, Kansas City, Memphis, Carolinas).

We had a full rack of pork ribs that were half wet and half dry. 4 sides including fries, potato salad, coleslaw and BBQ beans.

The ribs were freaking amazing. The wet cook has very moist and tender meat and the dry cook seemed to have its spices more noticeable and was tougher. I enjoyed the dry side better.

The sides were average for the most part with the fries being the exception to me. A thicker cut with a good amount of salt that goes perfect with the ribs.

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

In conclusion, it was an awesome trip. Raiding for years with you guys then getting to meet up in person is an awesome thing that I wish all of you guys got to experience as much as I do.

So until next time, see you online!

Last edited by Kreljnok on Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luvshok
In-Game Rank 5

re: Fatty and Krelhead Do America!

Neeber does not look anything like I expected.

And I don't think that is really Vortex. I'm pretty sure he payed someone to meet up with you and say they were Vortex. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Beta Testing Forum Index -> Burrito Alley All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: